News

Nigeria: YouTube’s mobile watch-time increases by 150% in 2016

  • Comments   -   Thursday, 23 March 2017 - 13:17

(Ecofin Agency) - Youtube watch-time in Nigeria increased by 150% in 2016, according to Youtube Partnership Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa, Teju Ajani.

In 2016, YouTube mobile watch time in Nigeria increased by 150 percent, a proof that Nigerians are spending more time on the platform, and are finding content relevant to them,” she said.

Ajani who disclosed this at the YouTube Brand Partner summit in Lagos, said the video-sharing website continues to be a top video destination for Nigerians who want to share and watch the most viral local and global videos. According to her, worldwide, close to 60% of YouTube’s monthly watch-time were from mobile devices while the remaining 40% were from either computers or other immobile devices.

Mobile is playing a big role in driving online video consumption. The more people get access to low-cost smartphones and data price continues to drop, online video consumption in Nigeria will continue to rise. Brands should connect, inspire and entertain more on YouTube,” Ajani stated.

She urged business owners using the platform to advertise their products to always abide by the terms and conditions associated with it.

Anita Fatunji

SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.created DESC LIMIT 4
The World Bank just granted Benin a loan of $60 million (FCFA34.6 billion)...
Read more |  29 June 2017
In Rwanda, local and international tourism companies wishing to operate across the...
Read more |  29 June 2017
Pan-African internet provider, Liquid Telecom, said it plans to launch a $700 million...
Read more |  29 June 2017
Canadian jeweler Fair Trade Jewellery Co said it has imported 238 g...
Read more |  29 June 2017
Most Read | 7 days |
1 month |
1 year
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.created > '2017-06-22 05:23:53' AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.hits DESC, a.created DESC LIMIT 5
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.created > '2017-05-30 05:23:53' AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.hits DESC, a.created DESC LIMIT 5
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.created > '2016-06-29 05:28:56' AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.hits DESC, a.created DESC LIMIT 5
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.created DESC LIMIT 4, 4
listofid2=37077,37076,37075,37074,
reference=37077,37076,37075,37074,0
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.created DESC LIMIT 4
Pan-African internet provider, Liquid Telecom, said it plans to launch a $700 million...
Read more |  29 June 2017
Canadian jeweler Fair Trade Jewellery Co said it has imported 238 g...
Read more |  29 June 2017
Most Read | 7 days |
1 month |
1 year
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.created > '2017-06-22 05:23:53' AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.hits DESC, a.created DESC LIMIT 5
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.created > '2017-05-30 05:23:53' AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.hits DESC, a.created DESC LIMIT 5
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.created > '2016-06-29 05:28:56' AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.hits DESC, a.created DESC LIMIT 5
SELECT a.* FROM #__k2_items AS a WHERE a.published = 1 AND (a.catid IN (1174, 1215, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1216, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190)) AND a.trash = 0 ORDER BY a.created DESC LIMIT 4, 4

Copyright Agence Ecofin © 2015. All Rights Reserved.