Public Management

Benin: Govt approves $20bln Action Plan for next five years

Thursday, 16 December 2021 16:05
Benin: Govt approves $20bln Action Plan for next five years

(Ecofin Agency) - The Government of Benin plans to mobilize a little more than $20.5 billion over the next five years to finance its development program. The decision was made public following the Council of Ministers held yesterday.

The Government Action Program (PAG) 2021-26 aims to boost the country's economic and social transformation. It builds on three areas, including strengthening democracy, the rule of law, and good governance; continuing the structural transformation of the economy, and continuing to improve the social well-being of the population.

The project will enable the country to take a step forward in achieving the SDGs Agenda 2030 and the AU Agenda 2063. It aligns with the  National Development Plan 2018-2025.

"The PAG 2021-26 will be used for scheduling the activities of ministries, agencies, and other entities, as well as for the development and implementation of the state budget," the statement reads. This new program is worth over 33% more than the previous one, which was valued at about $15 billion. For his second term, President Patrice Talon says he wants to capitalize on his first term to pursue the main development projects while placing greater emphasis on social issues. These projects include achieving 100% drinking water coverage by 2023, reaching energy autonomy, and building new asphalt roads to link all 77 communes in the country. 

Of the $20.5 billion needed for the PAG 2021-2026, the government has committed to providing 48% of the funds, while the remaining 52% will be provided by the private sector. Authorities also plan to proceed with an "upgrading of workers' salaries" and to "make the public administration more productive and efficient". A reduction in the cost of living of the State is also announced.

Additional Info

  • communiques: Non
  • couleur: N/A
 
Finance


 
Telecom


Ecofin Agency covers the news from 9 business sectors in Africa: Public management, Finance, ICT, Agribusiness, Electricity, Mining, Oil and Gas, Comms and Laws. Ecofin Agency is also creating and management specialized medias, in paper and on the web/social networks, for institutions or African publishers.

AGENCE ECOFIN

Mediamania Sarl
Rue du Léman, 6
1201 Genève
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11

REDACTION
redaction@agenceecofin.com

Public management
Aaron AKINOCHO
Borgia KOBRI
Moutiou ADJIBI

Finance
Idriss LINGE
Walid KEFI
Chamberline MOKO

Agribusiness
Espoir OLODO

Electricity
Gwladys JOHNSON

Oil and Gas
Olivier DE SOUZA

Mining
Louis-Nino KANSOUN

ITC 
Muriel EDJO

Comms
Servan AHOUGNON

Cameroon
Brice R. MBODIAM
Sylvain ANDZONGO
Monique MAY
Julienne Rose SENDE

Togo
Fiacre E. KAKPO
Waliyullah TAJUDEEN
Séna AKODA

Niger
Sandrine GAINGNE

Gabon
Stephane BILLE
Pierre-Celestin ATANGANA

Desk
Stéphane ALIDJINOU
Souha TOURE
Vahid CODJIA
Diane ZODEHOUGAN
Hikmatu BILALI

Translation
Schadrac AKINOCHO
Mouka MEZONLIN
Firmine AÏZAN



Digital
Omar SOKHNA
Mamadou DIOP
Bacary MANE
Abdel Razak MOULIOM

Digital Marketing
Jérémie FLAUX
Geraud ACHI
Jean Christian BERNARD
Franck FOUTE

Web publishing
Bakoly RAHARISOA
Rina RAMANANDRAISOA
Hasina RAJEMISON

Development
Dominique FLAUX

 


 
REGIE COMMERCIALE
AGENCE ECOFIN
Rue du Léman, 6
1201 Genève
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11
Fax: +41 22 301 96 10

Benjamin FLAUX
bf@agenceecofin.com 
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11 
Mob: +41 78 699 13 72

Voir page 
Nos services
 

 










 



Ecofin Agency is a news agency for economic and sectorial information. It was created in 2010 and it website was launched in June 2011.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.