Public Management

Japan to create trade insurance for infrastructure-related exports and loans to Africa

Tuesday, 30 April 2019 15:23
Japan to create trade insurance for infrastructure-related exports and loans to Africa

(Ecofin Agency) - Japan is preparing the launch of a trade insurance solution covering the entirety of exports and loans for the infrastructure sector in Africa. According to the Nikkei Asian Review revealing the information on April 29,2019, by launching this credit insurance, Japan wants to catch up with China in the continent.

This solution will be launched in the framework of a partnership between the Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (NEXI), the African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) and the Islamic Development Bank (IDB). The Japanese economic news website indicates that the trade insurance will be officially announced on May 9, 2019, by Hiroshige Seko (photo), the Japanese minister of economy, trade and industry.

For Japan’s infrastructure exports to Africa, NEXI should cover 85% of the fundings while the IDB and the ATI will cover the remaining 15%.

NEXI will cover 90% of the construction projects and the remaining two partners will cover 10%.

Japan is currently outpaced by China in Africa. Its trade exchange with the continent was estimated at $24 billion in 2015 while Chinese exports with the dark continent were close to $179 billion according to the recent figures available.

That year, the value of Chinese exports to Africa was eleven times greater than Japan’s. In addition, only 1.4% of Japanese exports were destined for Africa.

Close to 10,000 Chinese firms are present in Africa, according to a report published by McKinsey. On the other hand, 440 Japan firms were identified by the Africa Business Partners in the continent. They operate mainly in the mining, automobile, oil and infrastructure sectors.

Additional Info

  • communiques: Non
  • couleur: N/A
 
Finance


 
Telecom


Ecofin Agency covers the news from 9 business sectors in Africa: Public management, Finance, ICT, Agribusiness, Electricity, Mining, Oil and Gas, Comms and Laws. Ecofin Agency is also creating and management specialized medias, in paper and on the web/social networks, for institutions or African publishers.

AGENCE ECOFIN

Mediamania Sarl
Rue du Léman, 6
1201 Genève
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11

REDACTION
redaction@agenceecofin.com

Public management
Aaron AKINOCHO
Borgia KOBRI
Moutiou ADJIBI

Finance
Idriss LINGE
Walid KEFI
Chamberline MOKO

Agribusiness
Espoir OLODO

Electricity
Gwladys JOHNSON

Oil and Gas
Olivier DE SOUZA

Mining
Louis-Nino KANSOUN

ITC 
Muriel EDJO

Comms
Servan AHOUGNON

Cameroon
Brice R. MBODIAM
Sylvain ANDZONGO
Monique MAY
Julienne Rose SENDE

Togo
Fiacre E. KAKPO
Waliyullah TAJUDEEN
Séna AKODA

Niger
Sandrine GAINGNE

Gabon
Stephane BILLE
Pierre-Celestin ATANGANA

Desk
Stéphane ALIDJINOU
Souha TOURE
Vahid CODJIA
Diane ZODEHOUGAN
Hikmatu BILALI

Translation
Schadrac AKINOCHO
Mouka MEZONLIN
Firmine AÏZAN



Digital
Omar SOKHNA
Mamadou DIOP
Bacary MANE
Abdel Razak MOULIOM

Digital Marketing
Jérémie FLAUX
Geraud ACHI
Jean Christian BERNARD
Franck FOUTE

Web publishing
Bakoly RAHARISOA
Rina RAMANANDRAISOA
Hasina RAJEMISON

Development
Dominique FLAUX

 


 
REGIE COMMERCIALE
AGENCE ECOFIN
Rue du Léman, 6
1201 Genève
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11
Fax: +41 22 301 96 10

Benjamin FLAUX
bf@agenceecofin.com 
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11 
Mob: +41 78 699 13 72

Voir page 
Nos services
 

 










 



Ecofin Agency is a news agency for economic and sectorial information. It was created in 2010 and it website was launched in June 2011.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.