Agence Ecofin TikTok Agence Ecofin Youtube Agence WhatsApp


South Africa's Sendmarc raises US$7 mln to expand cybersecurity operations

Saturday, 11 February 2023 07:30
South Africa's Sendmarc raises US$7 mln to expand cybersecurity operations

(Ecofin Agency) - The funding comes after an undisclosed investment in June 2021. It will help expand both the team and its operations.

Sendmarc, a South African cybersecurity startup that provides companies and individuals with tools to ensure email security and prevent identity theft, recently raised US$7 million in a Series A led by Atlantica Ventures and several participating investors.

Thanks to the funding, the startup plans to expand its product line to include additional identity theft protection features.

In June 2021, it secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Endeavor South Africa to expand its South African operations.

With over 1,000 clients (including 80% in South Africa and the remaining 20% in other parts of the world), Sendmarc eyes up to 100,000 clients in the coming five years. It also plans to expand its sales team across Africa to get closer to its clients and provide tools to monitor global email and domain security practices.

Chamberline Moko



Public Management

ECOFIN AGENCY offers a selection of articles translated from AGENCE ECOFIN. Founded in 2011, Agence Ecofin is a leader in Francophone Pan-African economic news, particularly in West and Central Africa. The agency publishes daily news on nine African economic sectors: Public Management, Finance, ICT, Agribusiness, Energy, Mining, Transport & Logistics, Communication, and Training.

Mediamania Sarl
Rue du Léman, 6
1201 Genève
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11


Benjamin FLAUX
Tél: +41 22 301 96 11
Mob: +41 78 699 13 72


Please publish modules in offcanvas position.